Sunday, August 19, 2012

Easy Lime Syrup!

This will probably be the last post for Summer....not the last post ever but the last post about anything to do with Summer.  Labor day is around corner and that usually means bye bye Summer.  The Fall season will start soon and I can not wait.

Okay back to the post.  

Last weekend while running errands with theHubs, he promised to take me to Sonic to get something cool and refreshing while we endure the "awesome" heat here in TX.  Well we totally forgot to stop.  I said don't worry, I'll see what we have at home.  While creeping over the Internet I found recipes for snow cone syrup.  They are all pretty much the same and so easy I decided to give it a try. 

Yes, Yes...I know I'm all late to this band wagon of cold, cool, fresh beverages, but this is the first time I ever tried this. I was super excited and theHubs totally loved it.

This has to be the easiest thing to make EEEEver!!  Well I wanted to to flavor it and all I had were limes.  One of theHubs employees has a lime tree and she gave us a bag full of limes.  I'm really thankful to all our friends who are always sharing their fruits or veggies with us.  I was in the middle of making frozen lime cubes, since I don't like to waste things, I used some fresh lime juice to flavor the syrup.

Okay here is what I used and what I did:

2 cups of sugar to every 1 cup of water.   
Fresh Limes



For this batch I used 2 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar.  Brought it to a boil, making sure the sugar was dissolved and the mixture was clear.  Took it off the burner and while letting it cool, I used 8 limes to flavor the syrup.  Then I added a couple of drops of green food coloring. There you have it, Lime Syrup......YUMMY!

Of course it was complete agony waiting for the syrup to cool down.  But when it finally did I just used my blender to choppy chop the ice!  Served it in styrofoam cups like the snow cone place does it then hand a cup over to theHubs with a spoon and a bendy straw.  

It was sooooooooooo good and I want to make them all the time now.  
 I just used a jar to store the rest of the syrup in and popped into the fridge.

*edit - You can flavor the syrup with kool-aid packets....I sooo totally didn't believe this.  But yesterday I made some more syrup and added a cherry flavored packet...oh my....it was yummy.  Two thumbs up from the hubby as well.

Everyone have a fabulous week! Thank you for stopping by.

Sharing at all the awesome parties on my party link page and here: 


http://debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com





Pin It

48 comments:

  1. I've never thought of making my own snow cone syrup...what a smart idea!! Found you from Raising Memories and I am officially your newest GFC and Linky follower :) Hope you'll stop by our blog and say hi!! http://highheelsandgrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I will have to try it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmmmmmm! I love snow cones! I can't wait to make this myself. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sounds so yummy! Thank you for the recipe! -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm that sounds gorgeous and so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know that TX heat all right! Houstonian here. And, you're not the only one to be behind. Yours is the first how-to I've seen of this, lol. I'm going to pin it. Thanks for linking up with Making Space Mondays! I hope to see you again next week. -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great, thanks for sharing. We've had an unusually hot summer in Buffalo so these will be very refreshing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm! Looks great!

    I'm a new follower from the WW Hop. Hope you can stop by mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha Glad you waited for it to cool down... hehe or it would have defeated the whole purpose haha. I had no idea we could make fruit syrup! I'm going to try it!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does look yummy, and as of late I can't get enough lime! Just crave it lately? With all the heat going on in the Midwest this sounds like it would be so refreshing. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How delish! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect for the Labor Day picnic. thanks for linking it up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! This is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing over at Pretty Shabby UK.

    This sounds utter lush, can't wait to try this out

    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks delicious. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/tangerine-toner-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am totally pinning this. Thank you for sharing. Also, Thank you for participating in the Archive Link Up Tuesday. Just hate that it has taken so long for me to get by to visit :D Hope you have a great weekend!

    -Jessica
    www.sugarinmygrits.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so refreshing! I'm visiting you from "Days of Chalk & Chocolate" blog hop.
    Thanks!
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely givin this a try- the kiddos are gonna go nuts! Thanks for postin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally making this tonight for the hubs! He LOVES lime! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i have a bunch of lemons I need to use up - thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to share your recipe but I need you to add my link to your post and here is why: http://itssoverycheri.com/2012/07/21/linky-party-etiquette-seo-and-how-to-get-featured-more/

    Let me know if you add it in and I will do a feature of you.

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri
    cheri.Peoples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum! I love snow cones!!! This sounds like an awesome way to make them.

    Thanks for sharing at the Keep Calm & Link Up Party - hope to see you again next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhhh yeah! That looks good!! Thanks for linking up at Sweet Saturday :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, and thanks for linking up to the CHQ Blog Hop too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like a fun summer treat. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful this week.
    pr

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love lime!
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this sounds so good right now - got to make this! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to Fall! Would this make yummy limeaid?


    Thanks for sharing on The All Star Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe on Marvelous Mondays! I hope to see you at next week's party. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love lime sooo much! Pinning this for sure!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at the Weekend Wonders Party! Have a great day :)
    http://thethriftinessmiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi,

    You were voted in the top 3 on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday over at http://prettyshabbyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    Dont forget to join us this week

    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Fifi,
    I love your lime syrup recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for this recipe, Yvonne! it would be a great recipe to use up all the lemons I have in the pantry ^^)

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lelanie,

      Yes, definitely use them lemons. lol!! It's super easy and super yummy!! I just made some more yesterday, I put in a Grape Kool-Aid pack. All I can say is delish. But fresh fruit juice is surely the way to go.

      You have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  35. Looks great.. but sugar to cool down.. *sigh*... Thanks for linking in.. :)

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.