Monday, June 11, 2012

The jeans, the holes and the repairs.

My goodness I have been a slacker with my posts.  I try to post a project every week, but my mid week posts have been sad and lacking.  I guess I'm in a funk....I don't know.  I just haven't had anything that's really exciting going on.  Well besides my weekly projects My weekends are filled with birthday parties, different events that our family is having....this past Saturday was the first free Saturday that I've had in a looooooong time. I am super tired, so I took advantage.  It was really nice to not have to worry about stuff.  

I can definitely feel the Summer coming, It's hot now and I don't feel like doing anything!!  Sunday I was in the yard and just about passed out.....that's no fun.  I told theHubs I can't wait for the Fall to get here.  Which really isn't saying much for the Gulf coast of Texas.  I meant slightly cooler Fall weather.

Okay, enough blubbering from Fifi.  Here's what I worked on with my new embroidery floss.  My niece has a favorite pair of jeans...she luuuurrrves them! A lot!  The only thing wrong with them is the holes...or the ever soooo present cool looking "hey I paid mega bucks for my jeans to look like they were run over by a tractor, slept with the pigs and chewed up by goats" look.  I have no kids but I have teen nieces and nephews and some of these clothes they buy is crazy expensive and they look horrible.  I know I'm not the only one to think that, Right?   Well she asked if I could do something about fixing a couple of holes with patches.  Since she knew she could never wear them to school showing skin on her thigh or her knees.  I told her I'd see what I could do.  I didn't want to do iron on patches.... lame-o, and I couldn't fit the legs onto my sewing machine. 

So, I decided to add some embroidery!

oh....the pretty colors


I found some scraps that were cute in color and big enough to fit into this small hoop.  Getting the hoop on was a bit of a challenge....this girl has some skinny legs...lol!!


Once the hoop was on, I decided to draw something out on craft paper, I decided on a heart. 


 I cut it out and pinned it to the jean where I wanted to have it. This patch is just under the pocket on the thigh.


I made a stem stitch for the heart and little blue knot stitches for the bottom part of the patch.  You can see that the heart was not big enough for the whole patch. I did that on purpose....I drew a bigger heart but it just didn't look right.  Not for the slim leg jean...this narrow heart worked perfectly.



See the little knot stitches?  Well I'm sure you do.  I didn't take pictures of the knees but I did this knot stitch there too.


I'm really happy that she loved it.  I'll have to get a picture of them on her.

This has been the project for the week....I have some other stuff that I'm working on.  I hope to get those posted up soon. 

Everyone have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by.


Pin It

42 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I just love it. What a smart idea for a pair of old jeans. Thank you for sharing!!
    -Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I LOVE IT! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Thanks for linking up at SaltTree's Open Call Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute solution! I remember when I was a teen and had my own pair of shredded jeans. What was I thinking??? So glad you linked up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  5. those turned out so cute! thanks for linking them up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from DIY to see your embroidery. Your jeans project takes me back to high school in the late sixties when we embroidered whole legs. When I met mt husband he was wearing a monkey in a palm tree jeans! I married him anyway.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an awesome solution, I love it! I'll need to keep it in the back of my mind!!

    Happy to be your newest follower from the blog hop!

    Hope you get a chance to check out my blog :)

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. I'd never thought of embroidery as a way to keep those pesky holes from getting bigger. This is a money saver for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo pretty!!! Love the idea of using jeans.

    I wish I could look forward to fall/winter like you do... however it gets nasty here in Quebec at winter.. YUCK

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea, I could do things like that on my granddaughters jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this .... it's one of those I think why didn't I think of that. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute! This is such a clever way to do this!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Makes rips not such a big deal!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's so cute!!

    Thanks for sharing on The All Star Block Party!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are the style maven. :D This takes me back to middle school when my BFF and I embroidered our jeans. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the style!

    I would love for you to link this to my Flaunt It Friday link party! Also, follow my new blog Blissful Bucket List! :)

    http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is super cute! I'm going to try it on my daughters jeans. Thanks so much for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! So glad you linked this to Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really a nice job! Thanks for linking at Wow Us Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so creative! I love it, what a fun decoration and project!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This turned out so cute! :)
    You will be featured at tomorrow's {nifty thrifty sunday}! I hope you'll stop by and grab a button! ;)
    xo! Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just popped over via Nifty Thrifty Things! These are so incredibly adorable! Now if only I could figure out how to translate this over to teen boys. We have two that are still in high school and run into the same issue. Have a great weekend and try not to melt! We are having a heat wave here in northern central Indiana... mid 90's and no rain but humidity. So we are swimming, playing in the sprinkler, and staying inside!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea to save a pair of jeans. Like many others, I too remember the days of embroidered jeans. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Summer is all about relaxing, so I can relate to your sentiments. I LOVE this sweet little patch!
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know what you mean about it being too hot to do much, lol. These jeans turned out very sweet. I'm sure she loved them. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very good idea - you are so full of creativity!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm blog a lot less in the summer too and I think that's the way it should be:) The jeans turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These jeans look very cute!! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute! What a fun idea! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am sharing your project tomorrow during Sticker Time... thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These jeans are so cute!! What a great idea. We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you'll come back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  33. I absolutely love this. Featured you tonight! Thanks for sharing with air your laundry Friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cute! Maybe I can do it too?! Just pinned it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.