Monday, January 23, 2012

Trying things from blog land! Today it's Salt Dough

I wonder what's gonna be all the rage this year.....
Last year seemed to be "Salt Dough". This stuff is great and super easy to make.  I finally got around to making some and I was really surprised at the outcome.   

While making the dough was easy, finding items around the house with textures that I could use was fun.  I pressed the dough with stamps, fancy patterns on our silverware, lace, I used a small pillbox that had a design on the side.  Endless possibilities!!

I was finally able to use my 1 billion cookie cutter set, that sits all by its lonesome in the bottom cabinet with all the other stuff that hardly ever get used, lol!! I bet they're jealous of the coffee maker.

Ok, it only has 100 cookie cutters not a billion. When I'm searching for the small heart cutter it feels like I'm searching through a billion! (",)

flour, salt and water
Cute, huh!
I really ♥'d making these.
I definitely will be making more stuff with salt dough through out the year!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These are too cute! How did you make the designs on the tops? This is yet another of my to-do crafts! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same bin on cookie cutters that sits and collects dust. I think we are going to make some of these. They look like so much fun!

    Thanks for linking up to the Mingle With Us Blog Hop and following my blog. I am following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.